Maorin's forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maorin's forum

Practicing and studying

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kaneko's story - Chapter 4 Living with a Trailblazing Husband - Continue

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Maorin

A housekeeper in the Ikeda home shares her observations:

"The year 1969 was what they call an unlucky year for Daisaku Ikeda, according to the Chinese calendar. That was the year his health suffered from overwork. He had a constant low-grade fever, and it was a very difficult time. Mrs Ikeda, however, remained calm and composed and did not change the manner in which she interacted with children. I was completely amazed at the prompt and efficient way that she managed everything. I would be hard pressed to emulate her example."

In the summer of 1969, my husband put all his energy into the summer training course and lecture session held over several days for one hundred thousand people. He became so exhausted that winter from traveling around the Kansai and Chubu regions to encourage people in their buddhist activities that he caught a severe cold, which turned into pneumonia.

When my husband was in Osaka, he had a fever of 104 degrees, so I rushed from Tokyo to be at his side. The physician told him that he must have absolute rest, but my husband said, "Tens of thousands of my friends are waiting for me," and marshaled every ounce of energy to continue his activities in Wakayama, Nara and Mie prefectures.

I, too, had to use all the energy I possessed to keep up with him. The doctor strongly advised me to accompany my husband from tat point on whenever he traveled in Japan. The number of activities held abroad inceased dramatically and usually entailed meeting with dignitaries and so at many of these events, it was appropriate to go as a couple.

MMy husband's mission in lifeis to be a pioneer. No matter where he goes, he does his utmost to break new ground. When a group is composed of men only, the interaction can be a little stiff. When a woman joins the group, somehow the mood becomes a little warmer and friendlier. Naturally, the conversation leads to questions such as, "How is your family?" Or statements like, "We have three sons."
Often, this will break the ice and bring people closer.

Maorin

One Soka Gakkai Leader remembered Mrs Ikeda's courageous optimism through the following episode:

"There was a time when advertising vehicles driving around the neighbourhood blared a constant barrage of disparaging comments about Mr Ikeda and the Soka Gakkai. When the loud speaker truck hit their peak volume near the Soka Gakkai HQ building in the Shinano-machi district, Mrs Ikeda would join us as we all chanted at the women's center.

"Lets all chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. Let's chant it one thousand times today,' She said as she started counting. 'It will be interesting to see what happens afterwards.'

"It was a time when no one could predict when the dark cloud hovering over us would be swept away of what the future would bring. Nevertheless, Mrs Ikeda always encouraged us to enjoy ourselves, and she displayed great confidence in any situation

Maorin

マオリン need to build on

Confidence, Courage and Optimism!
自信,勇気、楽観論

じしん、ゆうき、らっかんろん

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum