Maorin's forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Maorin's forum

Practicing and studying

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kaneko Story - The smile award chapter 5 (Final)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Maorin

Here is a comment on home and family from an interview with Mr. Ikeda:

The japanese word for family consists of the Chinese characters for house and garden. The house represents the physical dimension of food, clothing and shelter. The garden represents the spiritual dimension. These two aspects make up a family.
"With the high price of real estate, most people can't afford much of a physical garden. However, if one's internal garden- that is to say, the heart - is filled with blossoming flowers and the chirping of birds and insects that changes with the seasons, then that contributes to a happy household. The soil from which this garden grows is the expansive feeling of love.

"Of course, extreme poverty is a tragedy. Ultimately, though,happiness is unrelated to whether one has money. What is happiness? What is unhappiness? Happiness cannot be bought in a department store. But anyone with a heart can have a wonderful 'garden of happiness."
_________________________________________________________________________________

One's thoughtfulness and personal appearance are important every day. I believe that this extends to cosmetics. Even if a woman stays at home, I think she should get into the habit of attending to her personal appearance the first thing in the morning, including putting on her makeup.

There is a phrase in a Buddshist text that goes, "as a woman refuses to part with her mirror" (WND-I,1036).

Women should never part with their sense of compsure. We need to take time to stop and converse with the flower, listen to beautiful music and sign with appreciation at the sigt of a beautiful painting.

Last edited by Maorin on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maorin

Have you ever received a birthday present from your husband?

We are married,
And as husband and wife,
we have built happiness for the three existences of life,
this true and reliable path of ours.
(February 27)

I copied this poem into my diary. My husband wrote it for me as a birthday present. On my birthdays, the children have a birthday party for me, and this seems to jog my husband's memory.

On those occasions, when he has time, he will write a haiku or a verse for me. I am not a poet. I only transcribe my husband's poems. My husband calls me his record keeper.

Having recorded these things over time, one would think that I would become a skilled writer. But occassionally, when Daisaku asks me to complete the latter half of haiku that he has started, he laughs at the way it turns out.

I am very aware that just being in close proximity to my husband does not at all guarantee that I will become a good poet.

With wry humor, Mr Ikeda shares his view in the following excerpt from an interview:

"When I publish a book, I often write a poem for my wife. I hope that this will make up for the times when I occasionally forget her birthday. Besides that, there is an age when you are supposed to remember a woman's birthday and an age after which you are not supposed to remember.

"I have taken photographs of my wife. I have tried to write poems for her, but, when we are face to face, we laugh or she scolds me, and it seems that ware too close. So, the poems for her never turn out quite right."

Here Mr Ikeda has the final word:
"My wife is my life companion, and, at times, my nurse, my secretary, my mother, daughter, or younger sister. But most of all, she is my comrade-in-arms.

If I were to give my wife a certificate of appreciation, it would have to be in the form of a Smile Award. In many ways, this sums up my feelings.

"Most of all, I want my wife to be healthy and stay vibrant and youthful forever. She is the one who knows, truly knows best, all about me and what is in my heart. And I am the one who knows best her honesty and bravery. My marriage to my wife has brought me the most happiness in life.

"This is why I feel that, when we are reborn in next life and the life after that and for eternity, I hope we can be together."

Maorin

Some words of wisdom that I like the best were sent to me by my husband.

He wrote,"Complaints erase good fortune. Grateful prayers builds happiness for all eternity."

This means that we must have a positive outlook in everything we do. I have made this a personal habit.

My husband also sent me the following poem:

Today dont give up.
Today, take heart,
Along this path we pledge to follow.

I, along with my husband have experienced my share of turmoil in life, and this has strengthened me. Somewere along the way, I found that nothing surprises me anymore.

Message Mrs Kaneko share with young women today?

I often send these word to young married women:
"Become a kind wife, a strong mother, and a capable leader in Soka Gakkai women's division."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum